The H.E. Fletcher club was founded back in 1948. Although the incorporation date of November 3, 1948 has been used as the clubs anniversary, the club was formed 21 months earlier on January 27, 1947 by employees of the H.E. Fletcher Quarry. On the 10th day of February 1947 elections were held and 14 Directors were elected for one a one year term. Following the 12th of February 1947 the 14 Directors elected 4 officers, 5 man athletic committee and a 5 man social committee. The treasurer reported that the club had 223 members. Then the directors formed baseball, basketball and bowling leagues.
All original members were employees of the H.E. Fletcher Quarry, later known as regular members.