The H.E. Fletcher Club was founded in 1948. Although the incorporation date of November 3, 1948 has been used as the club’s anniversary, it was actually formed twenty-one months earlier on January 27, 1947 by employees of the H.E. Fletcher Quarry. On the 10th day of February 1947, elections were held and fourteen “Directors” were elected for one one-year terms. After the 12th of February 1947, the Directors elected four officers, a 5-man athletic committee and a 5-man social committee. The treasurer reported then that the club had 223 members. Then, the directors formed baseball, basketball and bowling leagues, some of which are still active today.
The club is now a popular venue for special events including business meetings and fundraisers, bridal and baby showers, Jack & Jills, milestone birthdays, holiday parties, and annual family get-togethers.